This course is delivered by World Learning- SIT Grad Institute
In this practice-oriented course, participants will explore how to adapt grammar instruction to meet their students’ needs. They will also focus on integrating grammar instruction with teaching language skills, varying grammar instruction meet the needs of large, mixed ability classes, and using available technology effectively to enhance grammar learning inside and outside the classroom. Participants will discuss different challenges their learners may have with learning grammar, and discover how they can help learners use grammar to improve fluency and accuracy.
Learning Objectives and Learner Outcomes
By the end of the eight-week course, participants will be able to:
- Understand key issues concerning grammar acquisition;
- Incorporate effective approaches and techniques of presenting and practicing grammar into regular teaching;
- Plan communicative grammar lessons for large, mixed ability classes;
- Monitor, evaluate and improve grammar lessons;
- Give effective feedback to students;
- Use available technology to enhance grammar learning.