If you are a partner developing an OPEN course, or you would like to become a partner, please click the following links to view guidelines for OPEN course development:
- CC BY Guidelines: These guidelines demonstrate the program's expectations for using openly-licensed materials in courses.
- CC BY Manual: This manual is intended to help course developers to properly use and attribute Open Educational Resources (OERs) in OPEN courses.
- DOS Materials Content Best Practices: These guidelines from the Department of State (DOS) provide guidance on making courses appropriate for a global audience.
- DOS OPEN Program Research Guidance: These guidelines from the Department of State (DOS) provide guidance on working with professors, graduate students, and independent researchers who are interested in conducting research on the OPEN Program.
- Instructional Design Standards: These guidelines explain program expectations for creating courses that are accessible to the program's audience and support the goals of the program.
- TESOL Content Standards: These guidelines are intended to help course developers to create courses that meet the unique pedagogical and cultural needs of the OPEN Program.
- MOOC Guidelines: These guidelines explain program expectations for creating massive open online courses (MOOCs) that meet the goals of the program.
- Online Course Accessibility Checklist: This checklist may be used to determine the level of accessibility of any online course.